Directions from York Rail Station
- Do not exit the main station entrance.
- From your arrival platform at York Station, find platform number 2 (at the northern end of the station).
- Keeping platform 2 on your left and York Tap pub on your right, walk through the short stay car park. Go to the end and you will see a freshly tarmacked path, this will take you across the new Scarborough footbridge.
- Look to the opposite side of the river and you will have a fabulous view of the Abbey Guest House!
- On the North side of the river, a staircase or ramp will bring you down to the side of the guest house, use our side entrance (wooden gate with a green sign) to wheel your cases to our front door.
For up to date train times and ticket information please visit https://www.thetrainline.com
Directions by Road
The post code for the parking bays is YO30 7DT. Traffic in York can be very heavy and we suggest you avoid using the inner ring road by using the following route.
- Join the A1237 York outer ring road from your approach road.
- Take the A19 turning (from the north side of the city) into the city centre – the junction is at the Rawcliffe Bar Park & Ride site, and you will see a Busy Bees children’s Nursery on the roundabout.
- Follow the road into the city for approximately 2 miles, going straight ahead at the traffic lights at Clifton Green.
- Once you have passed the Churchill Hotel on the left and the York Register Office on the right look out for the road Marygate to the right – the end of the road is marked with a tower which once formed part of St Mary’s Abbey.
- Turn down Marygate, follow the road and bear right into Hetherton Street. If you reach the river you have gone too far!
- At the end of Hetherton Street, turn right into Frederic street.
- The R12C parking bays are at the end of Frederic Street and also on Marygate Lane. Park in these bays and then come to the guest house to get checked in (we are on the river at the far right of the terrace, near the bridge).
Distances and driving times to key UK cities
|CITY||APPROX. DISTANCE TO YORK||APPROX. ROAD TRAVEL TIME|
|LEEDS||25 miles||45 minutes|
|EDINBURGH||200 miles||4 ½ hours|
|LONDON||200 miles||5 hours|
|STRATFORD UPON AVON||120 miles||2 ½ hours|
|CHESTER||100 miles||3 hours|
|BATH||180 miles||5 hours|